Friday, November 14, 2008

Urban Country

Photography by Don Freeman for Country Living Oct. 2008

"Urban Country" the place where town and country meet. Must say its a very nice place indeed. Homeowner Monique Keegan rehabbed a 1924 Tudor in Ohio to spectacular results - in my book.

From the street. This home has such curb appeal.
Moody, slightly edgy with industrial touches throughout the home. Modern country just works.



What a great solution for those of us in older homes. Carving out space for storage and closets is always a challenge. I like how it is tackled here.

The former owners study with a large portion of original details in place.

The three year journey through the renovation process encouraged Keegan to begin her own design endeavour titled Enjoy Co. I for one can't wait to see more from her portfolio!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that workroom.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I adore Tudor houses. Wonderful job on this one!

vicki archer said...

Normally Tudor is not a favourite, but this house is wonderful and so stylishly put together.

pve design said...

What soul! I am so enamored with renovations, especially when they look as though they have been there for ages. That workroom is divine.
Something about Tudor's that draw me in!

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT to see you back! Hope all is well with YOU! LOVE this post... great rooms... I wish my studio/office space was neat and clean like these spaces... sigh!
ENJOY your week!
Fifi

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I love these photos! In fact, I ripped from the pages of Country Living. :-) I'm in the midst of(rounding the home stretch, in fact) a mini office redo and that top photo was in the "inspiration mix."

Lovely post!

paris parfait said...

That is fantastic! I could move right in. Some of the items in her home are French, i.e. the vintage bobbin crates. My friend Julie at Agape Deco in Paris sells similar things. We have several, filled with books and files.

Pigtown*Design said...

Love the storage bins and the glass fronted cabinet.

Decor To Adore said...

This post made me feel all cozy and happy!

Diane said...

What a wonderful home.. I feel like somewhere in time I had to have lived there.

Lisa & Alfie said...

Fantastic vignettes here. And so warm and inviting. Tudor homes are magical and always exude an air of mysterious romance. They did just a beautiful job here.
Lisa & Alfie

Velvet and Linen said...

I love this home.
The combination of industrial and more rustic pieces really works for me!

Wonderful post.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I loved this home the moment I saw it. Great colors, textures and design. The workroom alone I could die for.
Lidy

red ticking said...

monique is a friend of mine... she and her sweet husband are brilliant and so amazingly talented.

monique said...

thank you for posting!

I'm inspired to get my blog going as well!

Best,

Monique

www.enjoyco.blogspot.com
www.enjoyco.net

Green Parks said...

Thank you for sharing information. It is quite useful for us also. I always love to read such type of things.

Extenze Male Enhancement said...

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!